5 Easy Ways to Create an Attitude of Gratitude
Gratitude is possibly the most powerful way to change your life. The power of gratitude is this; the more things you are grateful for the more things you will experience to be grateful for. This is the law of attraction at work, and is superbly expressed in gratitude.
Even if you are the most ungrateful person, gratitude can become a new way of life. Here’s 5 ways to begin to create an attitude of gratitude.
1. Choose. Gratitude is a choice. The first thing to do is choose that you will be grateful, and decide to notice around you those things to be grateful for. Got it!
2. Breathing. When stuck in a rough spot take a minute, close your eyes and breathe. On your inhale breathe in the words “I choose”. On your exhale breathe out a word like Peace, Calm, Gratitude, Love, Serenity; whichever feels best for you. Like all things in life, this works best when if feels good to you. Feelings are the root to all movement.
3. Play. Kids love “I Spy”. It’s a gratitude game when you put a twist on it. When you are “spying” be looking for things to be grateful for. When you find something call out “I spy with my grateful eye. . .” whatever it is that you see and feel grateful for. This is a great game to play with kids to instill an attitude of gratitude early in life. Remember the Rose Colored Glasses concept…
4. Journal. Start a gratitude journal. Each night before you go to sleep take some time, it doesn’t have to be long, to write down 5 things you were grateful for today, and 5 things that you are grateful for about yourself. Do this for 30 days and you will be amazed. When the 30 days is up…just keep going..I challenge you!
5. Rampage. This doesn’t sound like gratitude, but I’m talking about a “Rampage of Appreciation” This comes from Abraham-Hicks, and works amazingly well. When you get into a funk or a bad mood start appreciating everything. Start with the air you have to breathe, and then really quickly just notice everything around you and be grateful for it. I especially enjoy doing this in the car or on my bus ride into the big city. It’s grounding and calming and I am ready to meet and greet my day, no matter what comes to me it just moves through me.
An attitude of Gratitude is a powerful way to change your life. When you start focusing on all there is to be grateful for you will begin to notice there are more things to be grateful for, and as you notice more things to be grateful for, more things . . . yes, they just keep coming your way.
I have an exercise I do with my clients. Write down 100 wishes and desires that you hold for yourself, no matter how significant or otherwise. Once you are done gathering them, condense them down to the 25-30 of the most important ones to you. I now have you create a wheel, circle of sorts with 12 pieces to the circle of which there are 4 quadrants that the 12 span from. The four major parts are Mind, Body, Relationships and Environment.
You then have the opportunity to place your wishes and desires in the quadrant they gravitate towards and some aha moments appear. You begin to see what you truly value and what makes you tick. You get the picture? I thought you would.
I would truly enjoy helping you find your way to what you truly desire in this lifetime. What is it for you? What may be holding you back could be a blessing in disguise? When you get clear, everything changes, everything gets better and everything expands.
Get Gratitude! Get Moving! There Really Is More!